Seed Bubble Sweater - Downloadable Chunky Knitting Pattern
The KNIT SAFARI Seed Bubble Sweater was one of the earliest chunky knitting patterns designed and knitted by Tiam, and was designed to be a modern, chunky oversized knit without big bulky seams. Perfect for throwing on when the temperature drops, the Seed Bubble looks equally great with jeans, or french tucked into a pleated midi skirt. And the bonus? It now includes the Youth and Baby knitting pattern, so you and your mini-me can twin in your DIY knitted sweaters!
The Seed Bubble Sweater is knitted seamlessly in the round bottom-up, from the hem to the underarms. The sleeves are worked seamlessly in the round (two-at-a-time on one circular knitting needle if you're ready for the challenge!), and then joined to the body with raglan decreases working the upper yoke, with a neckline worked in the round to finish the knitted jumper.
The Seed Bubble sweater is an oversized fit, with a comfy baggy body and oversized balloon sleeves. You may wish to knit a smaller size for a closer fit.
The adult model is a UK size 10 and is wearing the Seed Bubble Sweater in size medium. The baby model is wearing a size 3M.
- Baby from 3M, 6M, 12M, 8M, 24M (16-20” Chest)
- Youth from 4YR, 6YR, 8YR, 10YR (23-28” Chest)
- Adults from XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL (30-60” Bust)
Knitted in Cygnet Yarns Seriously Chunky yarn (100g; 48m (52 yds), or an equivalent Super Bulky yarn with 5-6 wpi (yarn estimates are approximate.)
- Baby sizes: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4 balls
- Youth sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8 balls
- Adult sizes: 9, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 balls
Can't find this yarn near you, or not sure if the yarn in your stash will work? We always recommend that you knit a test swatch to check your gauge before starting out, and finding the right combination of needle size and type and yarn to match the gauge in the pattern.
- For Baby Sizes: 12mm circular knitting needles, with a cable 40-50 cm long
- For Youth and Adult sizes: 12mm and 15mm circular knitting needles, with a cable 60 cm-150 cm long (depending on the size you are making)
- 4 stitch markers
- 2 stitch holder or scrap yarn
- Yarn sewing needle
- Casting on (I like the Long Tail Cast On technique)
- 1x1 Rib Stitch
- Seed Stitch
- Increasing stitches
- Decreasing stitches
- Knitting in the round
- Grafting live stitches together using Kitchener Stitch
- Casting off
Please note: This product is a downloadable knitting pattern. As soon as your payment is processed, you will see the download links to get the PDF pattern you have purchased. Don’t worry if you miss this, you will also receive the download link by email!