Seed Bomber - Downloadable Chunky Knitting Pattern
The KNIT SAFARI Seed Bomber was one of the first chunky knitting patterns launched by Tiam, and is still a firm favourite among beginner and experienced knitters alike! Designed to add a splash of chunky handmade knitwear to your winter wardrobe - throw this oversized cardigan on with a tee shirt and jeans for an everyday look, or pair with an oversized midi dress for some on-trend casual glamour. And the bonus? It now includes the Youth and Baby knitting pattern, so you and your mini-me can twin in your DIY knitted cardis!
The Seed Bomber is chunky knit cardigan, knitted flat and seamlessly from the hips to underarms, back and forth on a long circular knitting needle, then the fronts and back are knitted separately. The sleeves are worked seamlessly in the round (two-at-a-time on one circular knitting needle if you're feeling adventurous!)
The Seed Bomber is an oversized fit, with a comfy baggy body and oversized sleeves. You may wish to knit a smaller size for a closer fit.
The adult model is a UK size 10 and is wearing the Seed Bomber in size medium. The baby model is wearing a size 6M.
- Baby from 3M, 6M, 12M, 8M, 24M (16-20” Chest)
- Youth from 4YR, 6YR, 8YR, 10YR (23-28” Chest)
- Adults from XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL (30-60” Bust)
Knitted in Cygnet Yarns Seriously Chunky yarn (100g; 48m (52 yds), or an equivalent Super Bulky yarn with 5-6 wpi (yarn estimates are approximate.)
- Baby sizes: 3, 3, 3, 4, 4 balls
- Youth sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8 balls
- Adult sizes: 9, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 balls
Can't find this yarn near you, or not sure if the yarn in your stash will work? We always recommend that you knit a test swatch to check your gauge before starting out, and finding the right combination of needle size and type and yarn to match the gauge in the pattern.
- For Baby Sizes: 12mm circular knitting needles, with a cable 40-50 cm long
- For Youth and Adult sizes: 12mm and 15mm circular knitting needles, with a cable 60 cm-150 cm long (depending on the size you are making)
- 2 stitch markers
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn (optional)
- Yarn sewing needle
- Casting on (I like the Long Tail Cast On technique)
- 1x1 Rib Stitch
- Seed Stitch
- Increasing stitches
- Knitting flat and in the round
- Seaming pieces together using an invisible seaming technique
- Pick up and knit stitches
- Casting off
Please note: This product is a downloadable knitting pattern. As soon as your payment is processed, you will see the download links to get the PDF pattern you have purchased. Don’t worry if you miss this, you will also receive the download link by email!